By Stefan Anderson
March Madness has begun again and it’s time to ride the rollercoaster that the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament brings annually.
Your 4 # 1 Seeds are Duke, Villanova, Wisconsin and the Undefeated Kentucky.
With the tournament beginning tonight, let’s take a look at some of the potential intriguing matchups.
- Kansas vs 7.Wichita State: In state rivals could face off in one of the most discussed matchups with the Shockers looking to shock Bill Self and company, who have a lot to prove as well.
6. Butler vs 3. Notre Dame: This second round bout features two of the consistent dark horses in where both teams will leave everything on the line. Notre Dame coming off their ACC championship and Butler staying afloat in the newly formed Big East all season defeating the likes of Seton Hall, UNC, St. Johns and Providence.
- UNI vs 4. Louisville: Louisville featuring the great leadership and play Montrezl Harrell will have to going against the steady and the nation’s 4th best defense of the Northern Iowa who is looking to get their quality win of the season.
- Michigan State vs 2. Virginia: MSU has had their battles throughout their season in the Big 10 but this is the time of the year when Tom Izzo teams get hot. With UVA playing with a chip on their shoulder not being selected as a 1 seed, while trying to find their stride once again with the return of Justin Anderson should be a great one to watch.
- Stephen F. Austin vs 4. Georgetown: One of the best mid major teams in Stephen F. Austin that distributes the ball better than anyone else in the country could go head to head to a battle tested Georgetown team that has point to prove;.
- Gonzaga vs 10. Davidson: Two teams that mirror each other’s play only makes for great TV for the viewers. Both Gonzaga and Davidson shoot it well and pass the rock just as good, which could lead to a shootout will be remembered.
- Arkansas vs 4. North Carolina: 40 Minutes of Hell versus Marcus Paige and company, which should get real interesting for both rosters. How the pressure affects both teams could be key and will determine the winner of that game.
- VCU vs 2. Arizona: VCU has been able to protect the rim at a high level and hit glass as well but the size and length Arizona could present a major problem for the Rams. But an upset could help Shaka Smart and the Rams back to their underdog nature against a powerhouse in Arizona.